Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas and New Years

This year, for the Christmas and New Year holiday stretch, we (along with three other Webers) are taking a tour of three European capitals: Paris, Berlin and London. Our plans are to finish with London tomorrow, so I can't technically give any results from our experiment, but I can tell you that Paris and Berlin were quite different: Paris is old, Berlin is quite new. Paris is dense, Berlin feels less so. Paris is proud and arrogant, Berlin humble.

I happened to enjoy Berlin more than I enjoyed Paris. Thanks, largely, to Rick Steves.


We had a good time, but traveling can certainly get the best of a person, and I was glad to arrive back in Derby on Friday. Two more days of traveling are likely to cause me to swear off museums for quite some time.

For now, I will leave you with the link to our pictures from Paris and Berlin, along with a few from a short excursion to Bakewell, (quite possibly the cutest town in all of England).

3 comments:

cjskinner said...

Ummm...can we go to Bakewell when I come? It does look like a very fun place to visit.

Anonymous said...

Did at any point in your vacation to Germany have occasion to use the phrase "Bloss Fuss"?? :) *flashback*

amanda weber said...

haha, deb, that brings back some memories! unfortunately i was not able to get a "bloss fuss" in.