We've finally moved into our house. Strange noises in a new (cold) building make for long nights. and so does a sick husband. (He's getting better, though. slowly).
Foreign appliances have been quite the adventure to figure out, and perhaps warrant their own post. Today, I will suffice it to say that it was long past noon before we learned how to turn our heat on and my toes are only now regaining their feeling.
Today I found the library. A minor accomplishment compared to the accomplishments of yesterday. It's about a 30 minute walk from our house. A nice walk, but I think I'll buy a bicycle.
Saturday we visited Chatsworth House. A wonderful place that I would love to take my sister-in-law to. Pictures to follow.
I'm quickly running out of internet time, so I must away.
Cheers.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, Amanda, you are killing me! Chatsworth? Are you kidding me? Jane Austen's inspiration for Pemberley and the sight of my favorite 2005 version?!
I am bursting with excitement and envy.
Good luck with those appliances. I can't wait to hear about your adventures.
Post a Comment