jason and i have made some new friends here in pittsburgh. the coolest thing about these new friends is that they are more like the people we spent our time with back in grad school than anyone else we have met here: they love to read, have read lots of classics and love to talk about them. they love lord of the rings and starwars. they are very intellectual and have some pretty interesting conversations with us. we hang out with them on wednesday evenings after church and are usually the last to leave the building. those of you in champaign would love them instantly. they are brother and sister (dan reminds us of our old friend branson - one of the coolest people we know). the most ironic thing about this, though, is that they are members of our youth group. but whenever we hang out with them, we forget that they are more than 10 years younger than us. dan is a sophomore and kate is a senior and will be going off to college next fall.
and so, here again, it's like having friends in grad school. there's that nagging knowledge in the back of my mind that we will only be able to hang out together for a short period of time. and that makes me sad.
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm glad you liked the Driscoll sermons. I listen every week. We also listen to Mohler every night.
That's so funny that your new friends are so young! I am glad that for now you have some people with common interests. I guess I expected that you would find some more "intellectuals" being in the northeast.
hey, I found your blog (this is Branson). I'm glad y'all found some fun, nerdy-types to hang out with until they turn the lights out on you. I wish I could find some hilarious friends to remind me of you and Jason. These Princeton people don't seem to be very goofy for the most part.
i like old friends better than new friends... ;)
are you referring to "my wing smells like..." or just plain "..." hahahaha...
Post a Comment